BREAKING NEWS
SNAKE KISSING STUNT WITH VENOMOUS SNAKES PROVED COSTLY (!).
REGIONAL ASSESSMENT FOR JSPL FOUNDATION'S RASHTRIYA SWAYAMSIDDH SAMMAN, 2019 HELD
POLITICS - VOTING BEGINS WITH TIGHT SECURITY IN PATKURA POLL
POLITICS - 67% VOTER RECORDED TODAY IN PATKURA POLLS
O.P. JINDAL SCHOOL ORGANISES CBP- KHELO INDIA NATIONAL FITNESS PROGRAMME
NTPC - SANJEEV KISHORE REVIEWED TALCHER KANIHA
NATIONAL - REMEDIAL MEASURES NECESSARY IN GST
NATIONAL - FORMER DELHI CM SHEILA DIKSHIT PASSES AWAY
IMFA’S SUKINDA AND MAHAGIRI MINES BAG PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS IN 21ST MEMC WEEK
GANJAM -TWO STUDENTS WERE CRITICALLY INJURED IN A BLAST
DISTRIBUTION OF UMBRELLA TO CURTAIL SCHOOL ABSENTEEISM
CRIME - SEX RACKET BUSTED IN KALAHANDI: KINGPIN HELD BY POLICE
National

National (165)

Latest News

AUTHORITIES SHOULD PREPARE PERMANENT AUDIO-VIDEO STATEMENTS ON FREQUENT TRAGEDIES LIKE COLLAPSE OF FOOT-OVER BRIDGE IN MUMBAI

Saturday, 16 March 2019 03:52 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta 

New Delhi,16/03/19:There are routine statements by dignitaries posted on high posts on tragedies like happened when a foot-overbridge collapsed in Mumbai on 14.03.2019. Such usual statements expressing shock and deep regret include, a high-power committee will be set up to probe the tragedy, guilty ones will not escape punishment, compensation will be paid to kin of victims, free medical-treatment will be available for those injured etc. etc. 

But since public-memory is very short, no one comes to know about report of high-level committee set up to probe and punishment provided to guilty ones thus resulting in future such incidents. Even Mumbai witnessed such incidents earlier also. 

Since practically no remedial measures are seen to have been taken, it is better that persons seated on high posts may not have to waste their precious time in going to the accident-site and giving routine statements. Permanent audio and video recording can be prepared and played on the accident-site and press-conferences etc whenever such accidents occur. Otherwise highly posted persons giving such statements should be punished in case report of probe-committee published and guilty ones exposed and punished in a time-bound manner.

 

 

#Input;Madhu Agarwal

SAHEED BAJI ROUT & Smt. NANDINI SATPATHY MENTIONED AT THE WORLD'S TOP MOST MUSEUM ON 'THE FREEDOM STRUGGLE OF INDIA'

Thursday, 14 March 2019 04:29 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta 

New Delhi,13/03/19: 'The Azadi Ke Diwane Museum' at Red Fort of Delhi which was inaugurated by PM Shri. Narendra Modi on 23 Jan 2019 ( on the 122 birth anniversary of Netaji SC Bose) has a dedicated gallery for the children who fought against the mighty British Empire. It finds the mention of two from Odisha. The gallery mentions Saheed Baji Rout who was martyred for standing against the foreign rule. The gallery also mentions Smt. Nandini Satpathy owing to her valorous defiance of the colonial government at age 8. 

Chairman of SNSMT Shri. Suparno Satpathy said "I am extremely happy to find two great souls from Odisha more so from Dhenkanal receive this honor. It is an emotional day for me - The top most museum in the World on the Freedom struggle of India, now showcases the liberator of India Netaji Bose, Saheed Baji Rout, Smt. Nandini Satpathy (my Ma) along with many other great souls." 

Union Minister of Culture Dr. Mahesh Sharma said " This Museum at Red Fort is an attempt by the Narendra Modi Government to correct the mistakes of the past. This is our attempt to place the real history of the Indian freedom struggle and honor the real heroes. For reasons better known to the members of the previous ruling dispensations many had been kept away from history scriptures and had not been given their due respect. Through this museum our future generations shall learn about those great souls and how India attained it's freedom"

 

 

Input;Media Wacher

CHIEF ELECTION COMMISSIONER INDIA ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE OF 2019 POLLS

Sunday, 10 March 2019 16:45 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta 

New Delhi,10/03/19:The Lok Sabha elections will be held in seven phases from April 11 to May 19 and the votes will be counted on May 23, Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora announced on Sunday @ 5 PM in a press meet at Vigyan Bhaban ,New Delhi. 

Calling the Indian parliamentary battle the “largest festival of democracy”, he said that 91 constituencies (spread across 20 states) will see polling on April 11, 97 constituencies (13 states) on April 18, 115 (14) on April 23, 71 (9) on April 29, 51 (7) on May 6, 59 (also 7) on May 12 and 59 constituencies (8 states) on May 19. 

The staggered election will see about 900 million voters, up from 814.5 million in 2014, when Narendra Modi led the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) to power ending a decade of Congress-headed UPA rule. 

Of this, some 15 million will be first-time voters in the age group of 18 to 19 years. 

Approximately 10 lakh polling stations, one lakh more than in 2014, will be set up and a total of 17.4 lakh VVPATs will be used with electronic voting machines (EVMs) in all polling stations, Arora told a crowded press conference. 

Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Odisha Surendra Kumar today informed that the State will go to simultaneous polls in four phases starting April 11, 2019. The next three phases of elections will be conducted on April 18, 23 and 29. 

Addressing a press here in Bhubaneswar today, the CEO said that elections will be conducted in a total of four and five Lok Sabha seats of Odisha in the first phase and second phase respectively, while elections for six Lok Sabha seats each will be conducted in the third and fourth phase. 

While the first phase polls to Assembly and Lok Sabha seats in constituencies of Kalahandi, Nabarangpur, Berhampur and Koraput will be held on April 11, the second phase elections will be held in Bargarh, Sundergarh, Bolangir, Kandhamal and Aska constituencies on April 18. 

Similarly, Sambalpur, Keonjhar, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Puri and Bhubaneswar parliamentary constituencies will see the third phase elections on April 23, the last phase polls will be held in Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapara and Jagatsinghpur constituencies on April 29.

Currently ruled by the Biju Janata Dal (BJD), Odisha has 147 assembly constituencies. The term for Odisha Assembly will end on June 11. The BJD, BJP and Congress are the main contestants in the state. 

Soon after the announcement of election schedules, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik tweeted, “I welcome Election Commission of India’s announcement for elections to #Odisha Assembly & Lok Sabha to be held on 11, 18, 23 & 29 April. Pleased to pledge wholehearted support for the electoral process that is the foundation of our democracy.” 

PHASE 1- Lok Sabha Election 2019: key dates

Issue of gazette notification: 18th March

Last day of nomination: 25th March

Date for scrutiny of nomination: 26th March

Last date of withdrawal: 28th March

Date of Poll: 11th April 

PHASE 2

Issue of gazette notification: 19th March

Last day of nomination: 26th March

Date for scrutiny of nomination: 27th March

Last date of withdrawal: 29th March

Date of Poll: 18th April 

PHASE 3:

Issue of gazette notification: 28th March

Last day of nomination: 4th April

Date for scrutiny of nomination: 5th April

Last date of withdrawal: 8th April

Date of Poll: 23rd April 

PHASE 4:

Date of issue of gazette notification: April 2

Date of polls: April 29

Date of counting: May 23 

PHASE 5:

Date of issue of gazette notification: April 10

Date of polls: May 6 

PHASE 6

Date of issue of gazette notification: April 16

Date of polls: May 12 

PHASE 7

Date of polls: May 19 

With this announcement, model code of conduct comes into force from this evening, prohibiting political parties to announce any government schemes.

To check names in the electoral list, one can send SMS to 1950 for necessary information, Arora informed.

 

 

# agencies

 

MULTIPLE FULL-PAGE NEWSPAPER-ADVERTISEMENTS BY CENTRAL AND STATE GOVERNMENTS IS WASTAGE OF HARD-EARNED MONEY OF TAX-PAYERS

Saturday, 09 March 2019 05:28 Written by

Report;Bureau,odishabarta 

Multiple full-page newspaper-advertisements by central and state governments is wastage of hard-earned money of tax-payers: Supreme Court should take cognizance 

New Delhi,08/03/19:It is quite usual that central state governments start giving ultra-costly multiple full-page newspaper-advertisements for photo-publicity of political rulers especially at the end of financial year or before notification for general elections is issued, like is happening presently also. This is nothing but wastage of hard-earned money of tax-payers just for political gains of ruling parties. 

Supreme Court once prohibited photos of Chief Ministers in government-advertisements, but later relented for allowing their photos subsequent to a review petition wherein argument was made that if photos of political ruler at the centre can be allowed, then it should be for political rulers of states also. Considering such massive spent on photo-publicity of political rulers, 

Prime Minister should look into the matter, or otherwise Supreme Court should sue-motto once again review of its order whereby a total ban may be imposed on photo-publicity of political rulers at both the centre and in states. 

Best is to allow photos of only President of India in government-advertisements. It may be recalled that the then Chief Justice of India P Sathasivam did not allow printing of his photographs in government-advertisements on 26.09.2013 released for providing an exclusive PIN code number 110201 for Supreme Court where he was the Chief Guest for the occasion.

 

 

#Input;Subhash Agarwal

Popular News

Report;odishabarta,Bureau Remedial measures necessary in GST with rupees 45683 Crs…
Odishabarta New Delhi,17/07/19:In a major relief for India, the International…
Odishabarta,Bureau New Delhi,20/07/19:Former Delhi Chief Minister & Congress leader Sheila…
Report;Bureau,Odishabarta Mumbai,16/07/19: The death toll in Dongri building collapse has…

TAKE BACK PADMA AWARD FROM CHANDA KOCHAR

Wednesday, 06 March 2019 03:16 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta

REVIEW ALL CASES OF PADMA AWARDS GIVEN IN PAST AND SNATCH HONOURS FROM THOSE FOUND INVOLVED IN CONTROVERSIES 

New Delhi,05/03/19:It refers to on-going probe by various investigating agencies against former CEO of ICICI Bank Chanda Kochar. Union Home Ministry should now set procedure whereby prestigious national honours including Padma awards and Bharat Ratna may be snatched back from those found involved in later controversies by starting it with taking back honour from Chanda Kochar. 

Even there are reports that some of those honoured with Padma awards in recent years (2018), were declined these honours in past because of intelligence agencies not having endorsed their names after being cleared by Awards Committee. Even submissions filed with Union Home Ministry for taking back Padma awards from some celebrities involved in criminal cases and for being wilful bank-defaulters are not yet decided after years of filing submissions.  

Central government should arrange review of all Padma awards given in past by seeking affidavits from the awardees for their not being involved in court-cases and controversies. For future, intelligence agencies should be given sufficient time to verify nominations cleared by Awards Committee by requiring Awards Committee to submit final recommendations by 30th November with last date for recommendation preponed to 30th June. Even idea of making recommendations of Awards Committee public before final list is announced on eve of Republic Day can be studied so that people knowing some bitter facts about recommended names may send their comments to Union Home Ministry.

 

 

#Input;Subash Agarwal

SURGICAL STRIKE NECESSARY TO PREVENT MISUSE OF RTI Act.

Saturday, 02 March 2019 10:40 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta 

New Delhi,02/03/19:RTI Act should be saved by preventing it from misuse. RTI fees should be uniform for all states and competent authorities at rupees 50 that may include copying charges for first 20 copied pages for saving to both public-authorities and portioners on demanding and remitting copying charges, but eliminating non-serious RTI petitioners because of a negligible fee of just rupees ten. People in BPL category are already exempted from paying RTI fees. When government-fees for every public-service is increased manifold in last more than a decade, there is no sense in not revising RTI fees also that too by providing additional benefit of free 20 copied pages. 

To prevent RTI applications being filed under fake names, ID proof should be compulsorily enclosed with RTI application in tune with para 23 of verdict dated 02.11.2012 in the matter-Fruit and Vegetable Union versus Unknown (CWP 4787 of 2011). 

Repeated CIC-recommendations for issue of RTI stamps in denominations of rupees 2, 10 and 50 should be accepted to prevent heavy government-spending in handling postal-orders generally used to pay RTI fees. 

Provision of auto e-mailing of RTI responses and orders of First Appellate Authority on applications filed on-line should be there apart from uploading on on-line portal. 

Post-free RTI applications addressed to central public-authorities should be extended to all about 160000 post-offices rather than just about 4500 post offices presently. It is not difficult because every post-office however small it may be, daily sends post-bag to Head Post Office with registered post, cash and unsold revenue-articles. This post-bag can carry post-free RTI applications received at the post-office.

 

 

Input;Subash Agarwal

WELL DONE IAF ON A JUSTIFIED SURGICAL-STRIKE PART-II IN PoK

Tuesday, 26 February 2019 07:23 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta 

New Delhi,26/02/19:Indian Air Force well supported by Indian army has made countrymen proud by having a surgical-strike part-II by destroying terror-camps set up by Pakistan in Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir PoK. Factually speaking timely step by Indian forces is otherwise also perfectly justified too because Indian forces acted in its own territory Pok because complete Kashmir including PoK is integral p[art of India. Very few people know that even state-assembly of Jammu and Kashmir has vacant seats to be voted by voters in PoK illegally occupied by Pakistan. 

Surgical-strike part-II is part of chakravyuh formed by Indian government where already other tough steps affecting Pakistani economy have been taken. Such practical steps will make Pakistani people force their government to come at ease with India. Other steps to abolish articles 35A and 370 of Indian constitution will permanently solve Kashmir-problem, because then Indian industrialist will set up industries in Kashmir valley to give employment to misguided Kashmiri youth presently engaged in stone-pelting at Indian forces in absence of adequate employment-opportunities in the valley. 

Indian government should arrange fast-track courts and legal proceedings so that anti-national separatists may be sent to their deserved destination at the earliest. Unrest in Pakistan created by tactful policies of Indian government will finish Pakistan from global map creating new break-up nations like Bangladesh.

 

 

 

Input;Madhu Agarwal

PM OPENS NATIONAL WAR MEMORIAL

Tuesday, 26 February 2019 04:26 Written by

Report;Bureau,Odishabarta 

New Delhi,25/02/19:Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the National War Memorial here by lighting the “eternal flame” at the monument and chose the occasion to accuse the previous Congress governments of playing with national interest, saying there was a concept of “family first” instead of “nation first.” 

The monument consists of an obelisk centered inside four concentric circles, built to commemorate soldiers who were martyred in the line of duty since Independence. 

Addressing a gathering of ex-servicemen during the inauguration of the war museum at the National Stadium here, Modi also slammed the Gandhi family, stating that the probe into all the major defence scams leading to one family said a lot. 

“Those who called themselves the deciders of the country’s fate had done injustice to the forces and also played with the national security,” Modi said. “They had made the Army and the national security a means to earning for themselves. They wanted to forget the martyrs,” Modi said. 

Targeting the Gandhi family, the Prime Minister said, “From Bofors to helicopters (AgustaWestland VVIP chopper), all the probe leads to the doors of one family. And it says a lot.” 

Hitting out at Congress President Rahul Gandhi for criticising the 36 Rafale fighter jets deal with France, he said: “Now they are using all their tactics so that the modern jet does not come to India.” 

“But in the next few months, when the first Rafale soars into the sky, all their conspiracies will end,” he said. 

Attacking the Congress, Modi said, “Some people think their family interests come before the interest of the nation.”

 

 

 

 

#OTV

Visitor Counter

Today 245

All 131380469

Currently are 118 guests and no members online

X

Right Click

No right click